Sunday, May 16, 2010

BASS, CATFISH, AND A PIRATE SHIP AT BIG BEAR LAKE


Nothing like being on the highway at 4:30 am.


By the time we made it to Big Bear Lake, the sun was rising.


I was the first to be insured with this smallmouth at our secret spot.


I've never seen this many pelicans together at once. There was even more to the right of the photo.


Banes caught this catfish on a Senko?


I got a little guy with the physique of THIS GUY.


Mike was desperate early, so he tried his luck at full speed trolling.


This island house has always fascinated me. I'd live there, no questions asked.


Shane Banes loves him some largemouth.


Mike was hoping he could sleep and wake up and this day would be gone. But I woke him up with my worm instead.

I would.


Taj Mahal.


Mike had resorted to trying to hook a carp with bread by the time I caught this smallie.


After I caught my smallmouth, Banes caught this acrobat. 


Banes' third fish and third species.


The only thing Mike caught today was water in the back.


The Pirate Ship.

1 comment: